Currently, the Saxon Higher Education Act (SächsHSFG) is being amended, i.e. rewritten and changed. This offers the opportunity to change and improve problematic or student-unfriendly passages. After all, the SächsHSFG regulates almost everything that affects us in our studies – from examination conditions or the compensation of disadvantages to the co-determination opportunities of students in university committees or the social responsibility of universities.
The Konferenz sächsischer Studierendenschaften (KSS), which includes members of our StuRa, has prepared a statement on the law and submitted it to the State Ministry of Science. In order to emphasize the demands contained therein, there will be a demonstration in front of the State Chancellery on Monday, 17.10.2022 from 16:00, in which members of the FSR Verkehr will also participate. The meeting point is at 15:45 at Carolaplatz.
The demonstration will take place under the name “Revolution Studium”. You can find the collected positions here. Among other things, they deal with the following points:
- Unlimited examination attempts
- Exclusion of compulsory attendance in courses
- equal decision-making rights for all member groups of the university and greater influence of the students on the policies of the university
- The abolition of all tuition fees
- Mandatory development and evaluation of sustainability strategies for the university
The KSS is looking forward to a large attendance!